Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stitches

Landon received his very first stitches tonight. We had just finished making some goodies for Father's Day and Landon wanted a snack before bed. We were sharing a 7-UP and he wanted some eggs. As I was at the stove, I heard the soda can fall to the floor so my first reaction was to move Landon so I could get the can before it spilled all over. Well, I was dumb DUMB DUMB and pulled the chair Landon went flying. Everytime we sit at the table, I try to get him to sit on his bottom but almost ALWAYS he is sitting on his knees, half way off the chair and that's how he was this time. I didn't see any blood or anything but scooped him up and brought him into the bathroom where I saw the gash on the side of his head. I FELT SO BAD! He was scared but after we assured him he would be alright, he calmed down a bit. Chris called his mom to try to explain what the cut looked like and see if he needed to go get stitches. He then tried to get a picture on his phone to send to her but it didn't work. My dad showed up and immediately said that he thought we should go to the ER so that's what we did.My brave little Landon got two blue stitches. The worst part was having to hold his head down while they numbed the cut but after that, Landon did GREAT. I was so thankful to have my dad there with us. We were in and out of the emergency room in two hours and Landon fell asleep in my arms just before we were able to go home. I feel so guilty because it was just a soda can that fell. I would much rather clean up a sticky mess than have to take Landon in to the ER and see him in pain but he is such a brave little guy. I love him so much.
Before:
Sorry if the first picture is a little too much for some. It was taken right after his gash was cleaned up and numbed so it swelled a bit.
After:

No comments: