Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Timpanogos Hike


For Father's Day this year, the kids and I ended up hanging out with my parents. Unfortunately, Chris had to work so he didn't even get to spend time with the boys. Anyway, our plan was to go meet up with my Grandpa in the mountains at his favorite fishing spot. We were going to meet but were running late so we opted to just try to find it without following him so he could just leave. Turns out the fishing spot was WAY up in the mountains and my mom's car just couldn't make it. We didn't have cell phone service so we decided to maybe go for a walk and eat lunch until we heard from them. Then my mom convinced me to go on a 3 mile hike up the mountain to Timpanogos Cave where they gave tours. I figured I could handle 3 miles and Landon would be fine. So my mom stayed behind with Carter and my dad, Landon and I took off. It was such a STEEP STEEP hike that it felt like it was way longer than 1.5 miles each way. Landon made it all the way to the top, loved the cave tour, then was carried almost the whole way down. Coming down the mountain was just as hard as going up because it was so steep that you almost had to run and then catch your self. Anyway, it was fun, I'm glad we did it ( the hike was beautiful and cave tour was pretty awesome) and that I was able to spend time with my Daddy. Will I do this hike anytime soon? I don't know, maybe when the boys are older and with actual hiking shoes! The pictures are from the beginning of the hike. Wish I could show how high up we were and how scary it was! There was no guardrails or anything so can you imagine trying to keep a 3 year old to not go too close to the edge?!

It was hot outside but inside the cave, it was about 45 degrees so Landon got to wear my sweatshirt.

No comments: