Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Verdict

Carter just got his allergy tests done and he is definately allergic to any type of egg. The yoke, the white, everything! I don't know what I am going to do for his 1st birthday cake. 50% of people outgrow this allergy so I am hoping that is the case for Carter. Since Landon is allergic to peanuts, we had Carter tested for that and there was no reaction, so that was good news.We were told that people with a peanut allergy are 20% likely to outgrow the allergy as well. Since Landon and Carter are still so young, there is a chance that they might. We have appointments for both boys in 6 months to have them both tested again. Fingers crossed! I think I am going to have to do a lot of researching from now on. Having two kids under the same roof with two entirely different allergies is going to be rough.
*Picture taken on my phone so it's not very clear. His whole left side reacted (to eggs) as well as the lower right side. The only part that did not react was to peanuts on his upper right side.

No comments: