Thursday, March 11, 2010

Washington Trip

Well, the kids and I made it back alive from our two week vacation in Washington! We were able to drive up with Travis' friend and fly home on March 9Th. So we have been home for almost a week.The kids surprised me and did great on the 14 hour drive. No, Carter does not have teeth yet! They are just puffs-his favorite snack.While we were there, we did a lot of fun things like....

Visit family! We stayed with my friend Mandy at her mom's place except for the first night. My sister in law, Erin, and her family stayed in Seattle for one extra day just to see us for a few hours. It was their first time meeting Carter so it was pretty special.

Cousin Merissa
Saying goodbye. The Uths left the morning after we arrived.
Snuggling with Grandma Brown

Aunt Kim and cousin Trey

Shopping! Not the kids favorite thing to do but luckily two malls we went to had play areas for the kids. They had so much fun. Poor Carter had to just sit with mom.

The kids did pretty well playing together. Sometimes Landon would not want to share but Brady was such a good sport about it. He loved Landon and it was so cute to watch. I can't wait until Carter is old enough to really play with his big brother. Pretty soon, Brady will be a big brother himself! Play with Joe! Carter LOVED Mandy's husband so much. Every time he looked at him, he would get the biggest smiled and the first time Joe picked him up, he started snuggling. Take a bath in the sink for the first time! Thanks for helping me Mandy ;)We also got to go and visit Great Grandma Ross one day in Seattle. She was so happy to see the kids and of course had a little surprise for them when we got there. Landon thought it was pretty cool that she had a pink toilet. He still talks about it!

Sleeping was kind of a problem...mostly for Landon! Carter did great in the play pen while Landon and I slept on a blow up mattress. Carter went to bed at a decent time almost every night where as Landon did NOT want to go to sleep. He would CONSTANTLY come out of his room and I would have to march him up the stairs. I was getting sweaty because there was a lot of stairs! We even tried putting up the baby gate but he crawled right over it. Then when we put it higher so he could not get over, he started screaming and woke up poor Carter so they were BOTH screaming. Oh boy, fun fun time!

We went to some really yummy restaurants. This particular Mexican place made the kids balloons! How fun!
And we is the plane ride home. I can't believe I flew with two kids all by myself. It was pretty stressful getting on when all of my bags and Carter in the Bijorn but once we took off, it wasn't so bad. We did have an accident right when we were landing and I felt so bad because Landon was a good boy and told me but the seatbelt sign was on! I thought he would be fine because he asked to go about 1/2 hour into the flight so we went in the TINY restroom. Of course it was right when Carter settled down and went to sleep! It was a fun trip and it was good to see everyone but I'm not sure if I'll ever go on a trip without Chris with such YOUNG kids. Mandy also had to do it on her own because we stayed at her mom's. She's also 6 months pregnant! I can't believe I didn't get even one picture with Mandy. How silly is that?

2 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

oh my gosh!!
I am laughing so hard right now. I stared at that picture for the longest time before reading anything. i TOTALLY thought he had 2 front teeth. I was thinking how funny they looked and was wondering how you felt about them, HA HA HA :) (is that rude??)
I really do think thats the perfect picture, its so funny, i LOVE It!!

looks like a fun trip, your kids are DARLING as usual.

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

Remember when you told Landon that he is making you sweat. That was funny. I really hope I get to see you in August. I will have a 4 week I think. That is tiny! I am glad you came to visit me! Now I want to come see your place!