Friday, September 11, 2009

Homemade Muffins

Brittany is always making some kind of a treat when I go over to her house and the other day while I was there, she was making muffins. She told me they were super easy and after they were done and I tried one, I wanted the recipe to try it out. They were easy to make! They are perfect for breakfast on the go. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested:

1 box (15 oz) Raisin Bran (I bought the store brand only $.99!)
3 cups sugar (I used splenda!)
5 cups flour
5 tsps baking soda
2 tsps salt
4 eggs
1 qt buttermilk
1 cup oil

Mix dry ingredients together. In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs. Add buttermilk and oil. Add to dry mixture, mix well. Store in refrigerator, covered. Use as needed. Will keep for 6 weeks. To bake, fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15 minutes @ 400 degrees.

-Cut in half...full recipe makes A LOT!

I am going to try to bake at least once a week because one, it's fun and two, I love them treats!

No comments: