Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Check Ups

Both of my boys went to the doctors for well baby check ups this afternoon. Since Landon is almost 3, WOW, and Carter is now 2 months, we were able to take them in together. Worked out nicely! Here is how it went:
Carter-2 months old

Height: 23.8 in

Weight: 11.4 lb

Head: 15.5 in

We were thrilled to hear that Carter is healthy and thriving. He was looked at before Landon but given his shots after so that it wouldn't freak Landon out. Chris took Landon to the waiting room and I was left to wait for the nurses to come in. I was surprised at how well Carter (and myself!) did with the shots . He had 4 shots, poor guy, and one oral dose of medication for a vaccine. There was two nurses who did the shots so it went very quickly. Carter wasn't too thrilled about the oral stuff, I think he took that worse than the actual shots.

Landon-3 Years Old

Height: 37.9 in

Weight: 31.5lb


Chris and I were nervous to how Landon was going to react to seeing a doctor but he did AWESOME! We were absolutely thrilled. Ever since his surgery about a year and a half ago, he has HATED the doctors. Luckily, we have a pretty cool doctor and Landon really liked him. Everything checked out great with Landon and he is a normal, healthy, active 3 year old boy! The only thing that was of concern, like always, is the fact that Landon is allergic to peanuts and we didn't have an EPI pen. We thought that Landon might of outgrown this allergy because we accidently gave him a bite of peanut butter cookie and nothing happened. The doctor informed us that only 20% of kids out grow this allergy and it's better to be on the safe side and I agree. I would feel HORRIBLE if something were to happen and we didn't have a way to make it better. So we got a prescription and a lollipop and that was that for Landon!

**I feel so blessed to have these little boys in my life and can't express how relieved I am that everything is going just fine with my sweet little boys**

No comments: