Monday, June 29, 2009

*Saturday With Baby*

My Grandpa is retiring so my mom decided to throw him a huge party on Saturday at my aunt's place. Chris was able to get seafood from his work for more than half the price and so he really wanted to go and be able to enjoy it! I wasn't sure if I was ready to take the baby out and everyone kept telling me it would be better to keep him home. At the last minute, I decided to go when Joan, my mother in law, offered to watch the baby. It was hard to leave but I was so glad that I did...I needed to get out of the house! After we got home, we didn't stay too long, my grandparents came by to drop things off from the party and then they got to see their new great grandbaby. My grandma told me she was really tired and would be afraid of dropping him if she held him. When my grandpa saw him, he just stretched out his arms. He is such a proud pop! When Landon was born, we bought him a shirt that says "This is what a great grandpa looks like" and I LOVE it when he wears it. I'm so glad that Carter is able to grow up knowing his grandparents AND great grandparents. What a lucky little guy.
These flowers were delivered to our home from Harmon's minus the balloon-that was from my mom.. How pretty are those?!

Carter and his Great Grandpa and Grandma Mayne-from my mom's side.

1 comment:

Alisha and Braeden said...

You and Chris make such cute babies! I want to come and see you and meet carter so bad! Braeden loves looking at pictures of carter. Remember when he would always say how much he liked landon... so cute.