Monday, May 18, 2009

Arizona Trip ::Day 1 & 2::

My sister in law, Kelli, graduated from Arizona State this past weekend and we were able to be there for it. It was a short, hot, crazy trip but we are glad we got to go. Here is what happened over the last few days on our little adventrue!
::Day 1::

Chris had to work until 1:30pm or so on Wednesday. After he got home, we quickly finished packing and headed to the airport to get our rental car. By the time we got to the airport and found where we needed to be, it was close to 4pm. We were planning on driving all night so we wanted to get going as soon as possible...Well, turns out you have to have a credit card in order to rent a car and we only have our debit cards. Doesn't really make sense to us because there is a visa logo on our cards but whatever. We drove away not really knowing what we were going to do. We were going to ask my mom if she would put the rental on her credit card and then we'd pay her the cash but she had to be there in person and her flight came in after 10pm. I then realized that my sisters car was just sitting at her condo because she and Cody took a little vacation of their own to Washington. I called and talked to her about possibly borrowing it for our trip. She asked me why on earth I would want to drive her 1996 Honda with no air conditiong and said then said while laughing, "Go ahead, we don't care. I just feel bad." So we packed up the little hatchback and were on our way! We made it until about midnight but after almost hitting two HUGE deer, we decided it would be best to get a hotel for the night. Poor little Landon was asleep through most of the night and got sad when we realized we weren't at Grandma Brown's. We told him we were still going to go see her and then we all fell asleep pretty quickly.


::Day 2::
We all slept in until 8:30ish and it felt really good! It was a long and VERY hot car ride (it was over 100 degrees in Arizona with no AC I remind you) but we finally made it to our destination after 3. We were SO ready to jump in the pool and that's exactly what we did.

Driving through the Grand Canyon. Oh, and my awesome Nicholas Sparks book ;)

Look at those red cheeks. He was such a good sport in the car despite the heat!

Landon and Aunt Kelli

Cousins! All cooled off.

1 comment:

The Tanners said...

Brooke, Oh my gosh reading this I just wanted to cry for you. It sounds like in a way the road trip from HELL!!! Really no AC and being 9 months prego? Are you kidding me, in Arizona? WOW is all I can say you are a flipping trooper. I could not sit in a car that long being as big as I am and so hot. WoW you guys must really love this sister. I am glad you got to play in a pool and cool off a little bit at least. I am so glad you back home and safe and sound. How you feeling? Things looking good with your pregnacy? Yea on getting the date moved up!