Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Day Of School










Landon was able to go to work with me all day today and he LOVED it. Since my parents are out of town, I have had a hard time finding people to watch him. I got special permission from the principal to bring him to work with me if I had to. It was so much fun to have him there with me all day. I went out and bought a new movie (a $5 one) some new coloring books and crayons, brought fun snacks and a portable DVD player and I didn't even really need any of that. Landon spent the whole day doing puzzles and playing games. The only time I had a 'problem' with him was when I needed to leave the classroom for a minute and he thought it was time to leave. At the end of the day, we walked all of the students in our class to the buses. When we got to one of the buses, he attempted to get on it. I told him it wasn't our turn but the bus driver told him he could come on in and take a look. He was so excited and thought we were going for a ride. After I pried him away and got back to the classroom to get our things, he started to cry-he wanted to stay longer. I carried a very tired boy to the car and he fell asleep as soon as we left the parking lot. I have a feeling he is going to really like school when it's time and that couldn't make me happier.

3 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

what do you do? thats fun you could take him, you coudl have called me...i would have taken him in a heartbeat!

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

I am so glad you can still work! Thats good he likes school! he is a smart boy!

Alisha and Braeden said...

Landon is so cute! He looks like he had a lot of fun. What a cute smarty pants you have!