Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cleanin

Landon has never been the kind of kid who makes a mess. I can usually trust that he will be content playing with whatever toys he has while I get stuff done around the house. Well, today is a different story! I gave Landon a container of snacks to help himself to while he watched cartoons and I cleaned up the kitchen. He was doing fine (and usually does) but when I was finished, I walked over to a HUGE mess and Landon in the middle with his dump truck. I thought he was trying to put everything back into the container so instead of freaking out I said, "Uh oh, what happened?. Are you picking it all up? Good job!" He replied, "Yeah, Mom, I cleanin the A's." FYI -The snacks were shaped in the letter A. Anyway, he moving around the peices making an even bigger mess with his truck. If that is his idea of cleaning something up, I'm in for some trouble!

Another naughty thing he did this week: Chris' mom wanted a belly picture of me (she doesn't really do emails or anything) and I decided to throw in some pictures of Landon from Easter. I printed about 10 pictures and wrote in description what was going on in the picture with marker, some pen. Landon saw me doing this and wanted the "black" one so bad. I told him this was mommys and offered to go find his crayons. I put the marker in the tin by the phone in the kitchen and went downstairs to find something for him to do. I got distracted with tidying up Landon's room and a few minutes later, heard Landon happily calling my name. He handed me a picture of me with a black face. I immediately thought of all Easter pictures I had ready to mail, destroyed and ran upstairs to see what other damage he had done. All of the other pictures were safely tucked in a card for my mother in law. He must of just seen this particular picture sitting out (I decided to send a different picture) and decided to do what I was doing. There was, however, a nice black long mark on my mom's kitchen table. Chris was able to get it off pretty fast-we were lucky! I put a plastic cover on the table and moved the pens and markers on the counter out of his reach.

What a little stinker! I know he wasn't trying to be though. He really is such a good boy-I have been really lucky.

2 comments: