Thursday, March 12, 2009

6 Month Appt

Chris and I argue all the time about how many months pregnant I am. He thinks I am only like 5 1/2 months along because every month isn't exactly 4 weeks. I meant to ask my doctor today but I totally forgot. I had enough time to think about it while I was there though...Landon and I sat and waited in the waiting room from 1:45 until 3:15 and then at 3:40 they told me I needed to do the glucose then and not in 2 weeks. I knew that once you took the drink, you have to wait an hour until your blood has to be drawn. I wanted to scream! I had to drop my mom off at her sister's at 10am and didn't want to drive all the way back home so Landon and I went to the DI and found some fun stuff and then I drove to Salt Lake. We played at McDonald's (across the street from the hospital) until it was time for my appointment. Needless to say, I got home at 5:30 and I was exhausted! Not really what I wanted to do on my day off. Anyway, everything seems to be going well. Baby is active and his heart is beating perfectly. My blood pressure and urine came back fine this time. Wish me luck with the glucose test! We will know the results in a few days.I wanted to get some kind of answers for my swelling and finally I was told the only thing I can do is use an ice pack 3 times a day and take tylenol. I could of figured that one out! I know that no one really cares about reading about my pregnancy every day but this is really more for me to remember things down the road! My next appointment is April 9th (not in 2 weeks. I didn't want to go back and my OB said I didn't really have to) and my friend Mandy and her baby will be here so they are going to come with! Hopefully we won't have to wait as long that time :) Oh and 24 weeks (to me) IS 6 months because in 4 weeks (28 weeks pregnant) I will be 7 months. 4 weeks after that I will be 32 weeks and that's 8 months. Technically you are pregnant for the full 9 months so it's really 10 months and that means I'll have 8 weeks left when I am 32 weeks along which is 2 months. I don't know why my husband doesn't believe me. Am I right?

3 comments:

The Tanners said...

Brooke I am so confused too. My friend was over last night and she is due June 25 and she said she was only 5 and half months. I said well I am 6 months and not due till july 2nd how can that be. I just tried to figure it out of paper and I couldn't my mind was so boggled! I have no idea how long we are. I like saying six months and not 5 though.

Cody and Brittany (probably Brittany) said...

You and Chris fight about this every time you have a baby. Haha!

{Rollins Family} said...

your and your hubby are funny...you are in your 6th months for sure!!
mcdonalds across from the hospital, is your dr at st marks?? mine is too and i was there on thurs...what if we go to the same place...mt olympus Gynocology?!?!?! 3rd floor....