Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Burp Cloths


I learned how to crochet beads onto little girls socks at Craft Saturday in Seattle a over a year ago. I kept making them and making them but had no one to give them to. I found deals at Old Navy and such for fun colored socks for like, 50 cents so it wasn't a costly hobby. Anyway, I finally learned how to crochet baby birp cloths! My mom asked me if I would crochet one for my cousin's baby shower and I had no idea how to get started. I bought a doll birp cloth f for a buck and took it to work to see if one of my co workers would help me. I was sure that it would be confusing and take me forever but as soon as she showed me, I was done in no time! Next, I want to learn how to do a shell pattern that looks like lace but since I am having a boy, I think this will be so fun on a blankey for him. It looks much more complete than when I used to just sew flannel together. There is a super cute fabric store down the road that pre makes the holes with fun fabric and it doesn't cost that much. Now that I know what I am having, I will be in there soon picking out something fun for my baby! I am super excited.

1 comment:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Those are so cute brooke! When I start having kids you are going to have to teach me how to make all these cute baby things okay?