Friday, January 23, 2009

Temple Open House

My sister has a calling as a Mia Maid advisor and their activity for Wednesday evening was to go to the Draper Temple open house. Cody wasn't able to go and Brit had a few extra tickets so she invited Landon and I to come along. I am so grateful that we did! What an awesome opportunity to go into every single room. It was one of the most beautiful temples I have ever seen. Landon was being SUCH a good boy. It was a lot of walking and it took about an hour but he was a champ. I think he could sense that it was a special place and knew to be quiet. It will be really neat to be able to tell him that he was there at the open house when he is older and understands.
Brittany drove two young women to the temple and let me tell you, Landon was the biggest flirt. Usually he gets mad when someone he doesn't really know sits next to him but he was in awe of them as soon as they got in the car. He was especially fond of the younger girl, Abby. The whole time we were waiting at the church for the shuttle, he would just look over at her and say, "Girls!" with a huge smile on his face. Everytime she would dissapear from his sight for more than a second, he would ask where she went. We took the elevator in the temple because there were a ton of stairs and Abby took the stairs. He got a really sad look on his face, put his hands up and said "Girl go?!" As soon as he saw her again, he wanted to hold her hand. Then he did the funniest thing ever! He started winking at her! I didn't even know that he knew what that meant. The whole carride home, he was talking up a storm to the girls. I asked him if he was going to cry when it was time for them to go home and he said "Yeah." Oh and he did! He was sad the whole rest of the night. What a ham!

4 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

haha thats so funny! He is a flirt! I want to see you guys. Hope everything is going well.

Alisha and Braeden said...

and I love open houses. It's great that you guys got to go. It's such a neat experience.

The Tanners said...

BROOKE I am so so so so SAD. YOur not in there with Ethan anymore. OH BUMMERS. I really miss you in there, why do you have to stay in the classroom? YOu should switch the kid that comes now, Jerome I think? Even though I really like him he is a great guy. But man I feel bad you not there anymore. At least I can see what your up to in your blog. Oh and what a great experince at the temple, that is so neat!

{Rollins Family} said...

how neat!! our tickets are in feb i think (maybe march) and i CANNOT wait, it really is so so special to be ablr to do something like that!
Landon is just like Colter...a COMPLETE FLIRT!! isn't it cute :) ha ha