Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Landon's New Bedding

I found a twin sheet set today for Landon for two dollars a peice. I thought it would be a good idea to have some cotton sheets for the summer since he just received flannet sheets for Christmas. I went home thinking I had purchased a top and a bottom sheet but it ended up being two top sheets. I was going to return them when my aunt had a brilliant idea-make a duvet cover!!!! So that's what I did. I flipped the two sheets inside out, pinned it in place, and went to town. My sewing machine kept having problems so I got a little frustrated but I think it was worth the stress because it turned out super cute. I already had a goose down comforter from when I when I was in highschool and some red pillow cases so this cost me only $4.00! Not too shabby. The best part is that Chris thought it was the cutest thing and couldn't believe that I had made it. He said he couldn't of picked out a better bed set for Landon. I hope Landon likes it too! Now he'll have his very own big boy bedding when the time comes for him to move out of the crib.

3 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Oh that is really cute brooke! Good job!

{Rollins Family} said...

where do you find these deals?!?!
you NEED to teach me your ways, Eric would be SO gratful!! :)

Kari said...

I wish we lived close by each other and you could teach me how to make all those cute things :) I got a sewing machine for Christmas, but I don't know how to use it!