Saturday, January 10, 2009

Landon's {BIG} Boy Bed

We finally did it! I took Landon's crib down yesterday and my dad helped me set up Landon's VERY own bed. I also went to Toys R Us and purchased a guard rail to help him from falling out of bed. I was a little bit worried that he wouldn't easily make the switch but he did! He was so excited when Pa Pa was helping me put the sheets on. We kept asking Landon if it was his new big boy bed and he would reply, "Yeah! Landon's bed!" Before bed, we usually turn on a movie in our bedroom and let Landon watch it. I thought it would be fun to bring our portable DVD player in his room and watch it together on his bed. He really liked that. He picked Ice Age and snuggled up on his pillows. I fell asleep but after a while, Chris came in and told Landon it was time to get ready for bed. He rocked Landon for a few minutes and then asked him if he wanted to go get in his bed. He said yes! Chris said he made himself comfortable with his blankey and by laying on his tummy with his bum in the air. I expected Landon to get up in the middle of the night but he did very well. I went in around 9:45am and he was still asleep. I am so proud of him. This was such a big deal for us. Our little boy had been in his crib for 28 months! Way to go Landon!

My camera died right when I was going to take pictures of Landon on his bed but I was able to take one after I charged my battery. Here is Landon the next morning. He is so funny! He loves sleeping with blankets over his face. Wonder who he got that from ;) Good thing I put that guard rail up!

No comments: