Monday, January 12, 2009

Nesting

How soon does the nesting stage take place in pregnancy? I feel like it's already hit me. I like things to be clean anyway but it's not always how things go in our home. Lately, I have been wanting to organize EVERYTHING! I spent almost the whole Saturday cleaning and organizing our things in the garage and the day before, organizing Landon's closet. I also got rid of a whole bunch of stuff. I usually have a hard time giving things away but it felt great!I have had this overwelming desire to get everything ready for the baby too. I have been good though...I haven't gone into any baby stores lately! However, I'm sure I will go crazy when we find out what we are having in a few weeks. I have also thought about making casseroles and freezing them so when the baby is here, we won't have to worry about cooking. I only know of a few casseroles that my family likes. I think it would be fun to cook for a whole day and get it out of the way. Especially when I feel like there is nothing to do while we are stuck at home without a car and Daddy is at work. Anyway, in less than 2 weeks, I will be five months pregnant. I can't believe it. I thought that after I was done with the first trimester that I would start feeling better but I feel like the grouchiness came instead. My poor husband. I think it hits me worst when I am tired or hungry and people don't quite understand how much a pregnancy wipes you out. It's hard for me to nap when I have a 2 year old running around. But I am almost halfway there. YAY!

Here is Landon's closet. This one was the most fun for me. He had so many things everywhere. I was able to put a lot of his toys in baskets in his room and play room. All of his books can easily be found on the last shelf. They used to be in the white tupperware where I am storing the TV for the N64. Now I have two drawers to store baby things.

This may not look very organized to you but you should have seen it before. Now we can actually get to our things and my mom can park her car easier. I also mimimized the clutter by making a huge trip to the D.I. Our stuff used to be piled high and to the door. You had to jump over things to get from the car to the door. Not anymore.

I even cleaned up Landon's play room underneath the stairs among other places. Probably won't stay like that long but doesn't it look nice? From this post, you may notice that it seems like I have a lot of time on my hands and I do.

2 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

k, this is SO me right now...we have a HUGH garage and we have NEVER been able to pit our cars in it because its FILLED with junk, thats my next project, you can come help me and we can "NEST" together!!

ha ha ha! its nice ti have it all CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN though, i love that feeling of walking into your house and knowing he COU:DN"T be cleaner :)

Brooke said...

I would love to help you clean your garage! Am I weird?