Saturday, October 25, 2008

(BOO @ the ZOO)

Lions and tigers and scares, oh my! Each year, on the Saturday before Halloween, Hogle Zoo puts on "Boo at the Zoo!" It is an event for kids 12 and younger, and is included in the price of regular zoo admission. Landon was free because he is 2 (I was free because someone handed us an adult ticket and said we could have it!) Anyway, kids can dress up in their favorite costumes and trick-or-treat at booths set up throughout the zoo. My mom took Chris, Landon, and me there this afternoon. Landon dressed as the cutest monkey, ever! It was CRAZY but lots of fun. I really couldn't believe how many people were there. It was pretty warm outside too. I have never seen such nice weather for October! The trick or treating part was kind of a bust because the lines were so dang long but Landon enjoyed the animals more anyway! It was a fun idea but I'm not sure if we'll be up for it next year. My camera battery died right when we got there so I didn't get a ton of pictures but my mom was able to get some with hers. Landon was posing perfect right when we got there but we didn't get the camera out in time-darn! Good thing I had my video camera and that Landon can wear his costume on Halloween, right? ;)

His favorite-the monkeys! What a perfect costume for him this year.

"Mom! A Guy!" He thinks skeletons or 'scary' looking costumes were guys.



How do you measure up? I remember standing in front of this when I was a kid.

Mommy and Landon
This was right in front of where we parked-the trees were beautiful.

___________________________________________________________________

**I made a video of almost all of the animals we saw so I can make Landon his own DVD. This way, he won't run up to the computer every five minutes shouting, "MONKEY! MONKEY?!" Uncle Travis made the mistake of showing Landon the funny monkeys on YouTube. HAHA.**

No comments: