Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tag Blankies


I saw this idea a while ago and have been wanting to try it. Then, I saw them for sale at a boutique for $10 which I thought was way overpriced! I decided I needed to break out my sewing machine. I thought my sewing machine was broken so I was pleasantly surprise to find it working. YAY! Most of the fabric I got for free from my aunt a while ago so this project pretty much cost me nothing. I love ribbon and always buy it in bulk so I had plenty of that. Anyway, Landon loved his tag blanket when he was a baby and even wanted to snuggle with it today when I got it out. On the downside, it's pretty heavy and you can't attach toys to it. I thought these small tag blankets would be good for a carseat toy and in the summer or even anytime. They aren't perfect because it was my first time making them but then again, babies don't care! I think they are fun.


Here is the store bought blanket. Some of the tags make a crinkling noise.

I think I like how this one turned out the best.


Lady Bugs
This one didn't turn out so well. Good thing I have lots of the pink bumpy fabric left to try again!

my first one.

If anyone wants one, let me know! I have tons of fabric left over plus more and it keeps me entertained. Otherwise, I have no reason to really make them!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Brooke! You are so CUTE :) You make me want to have a baby so you can make me cute things...lol...!!!

{Rollins Family} said...

you and britt and so creative. i'm the worst, i would have bought it for 10!! :) i want one, they are so cute!!

Alisha and Braeden said...

You will have to help me make some! Those are way cute.