Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Bright Sun Shiney Day


Today was such a great day! I went to an orientation for work and met everyone I was going to be working with and they seem really cool! I'm excited to get to know everyone more and to be able to interact with the students. I start working on Tuesday and was told I need to wear tennis shoes everyday....uh oh. Hopefully I will be able to find a pair I like with this busy busy weekend coming up!! My grandpa also came over to work on the basement some more. He has been working so hard on it while my dad is out of town on business. It's really coming along and I cannot WAIT for it to be done. Landon's room is ready to prime! Oh, and another good thing about today is I bought a chocolate and caramel covrered apple. I haven't had one in a long time and I was so excited when I saw them selling at a candy stand at Tai Pan. I wasn't too excited that it cost me $8 but it was sooooooo worth it! Yes, I did take a picture of it because I was that happy about it. HAHA! Did I forget to mention that Chris is COMING HOME WITH ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am such a lucky girl. I love him so much and can't wait to see him tomorrow. Life is good!




By the way, I decided to post this blog as "A Bright Sun Shiney Day" because of a man who spoke today at orientation. Not only did he give a wonderful (& hilarious) speak, he sang that song at the end and also played the guitar. He is also blind. BLIND! He was crazy awesome. He talked about how we need to try everything we can at life and if we fail, it's okay because we gave it a shot. He really made me think about what I needed to be grateful for in my life.

2 comments:

Angie Adam said...

Okay so I read that "Chris is coming with me" and then did some stalking to figure out... Are you home right now??!?!!?

Alisha and Braeden said...

Oh you told me that apple was good and it looks SO GOOD! Glad you can finally be with your hubby! It will be fun hanging out. We will have fun little parties at our house! I am so excited.