Friday, August 20, 2010

Davis County Fair!

We went to the Davis County fair and it was a BLAST! It was hot hot hot but there were so many fun things to do that it almost didn't matter. First we watched some dogs jump into a huge pool of water. Those doggies could really JUMP!

Next we went over to the petting ZOO! Both Landon and Carter really enjoyed this. Carter was not shy at all with the goats. Landon's favorite animal was the turtle who kept trying to escape the crazy crowd of kids trying to touch him. Who could blame him!

Right next to the petting zoo, free pony rides were going on. Landon waited patiently in line with Grandma while Chris and I took Carter over to see the other animals. He was somewhat intereted but liked his crackers more.

After Landon's pony ride, he wanted to go see the chickens and bunnies too.

The only "game" we opted to play was one called "Water Wars." You pay for a bucket of water balloons and then try to get your opponent with water balloons by sling shot. My aim was not that good but Chris and Landon got me soacked! By far, I think this was what Landon enjoyed the most.


Since Carter didn't get to play, I asked if he could have a water balloon. While we were off shooting away, he happily held it and, of course, tried to eat it. Afterwards, I thought he would like it if I got him all wet (we were all dying from the heat!) but as soon as I broke it, he started cryin and looked at me like I was the meanest mom alive. Oops. Sorry kiddo!

You can't go to the fair without buying some goodies and stopping to take a few pictures!

For the first time at the fair, they had a wild animal show that we got to go to. They had kangeroos, baby tigers, snakes, and more! It was so fun to see them. You could pay to pet the tigers but we passed this time. They sure were cute though!

After a few hours, Chris and I took Carter home for a nap while Landon stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. He ate more snacks and went on a few more rides-such a lucky boy! We definately had a 'wild time' ad the Davis County Fair :)

3 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Looks like fun... I love fairs. You look so pretty and I just love that hat!

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari said...

I love Chris and Landon's matching polos.

I love your cute hat.

I love you.

Oh no, did I say too much...?

;)