Friday, September 25, 2009

Potty Training

I can't say that Landon is FULLY potty trained but we are making so much progress that it won't be long now. We have only been trying to go potty every now and then the last few weeks so yesterday, I really worked with him on going every half hour-hour. It didn't take too long to go in the morning...only 2 stinkin HOURS! It was ridiculous. I kept bringing things to Landon for him to keep entertained because I knew he wouldn't sit for very long. I put him back on after lunch and within a few minutes, he came running and said he "went pee" while I was getting something. Sure enough, he did! He even made it in the toilet. He continued to pee in the toilet 5 MORE times! It was awesome. I didn't think the day would go so well and didn't have very many treats so I ran to the store and bought a big bag of skittles. Normally, I would give Landon a handful or something each time but now he gets to pick out one color and he seems to be happy with that. He is really into "Where The Wild Things Are" and the DVD my parents bought him came with stickers. We decorated a container and that's where I keep the skittles. I also printed out a potty training chart online and Landon had a blast coloring it and placing stickers for each time he went pee. 6 times in one day (he went again after I took a picture of the chart)...I can't believe it! He even wore big boy underwear for the majority of the day. We only had one pee accident seriously 10 minutes after going in the toilet and one poop accident (yes...in his underwear) while he was supposed to be taking a nap. Was not fun cleaning that up but hey, we are getting somewhere! I am so proud of my little 3 year old. The first couple of times he peed, I would praise him and make a big deal out of it saying I was so proud. Eventually he would say, "You're proud of me again!" Oh I am so excited to not have to buy 2 sets of diapers for the boys. We'll probably switch to pull ups even though they are kind of pricey but if it will help get the job done, I'm okay with it. Oh, and Carter went number two after 10 days of not going. Mother nature was definately on our side ;)

2 comments:

Cody and Brittany (probably Brittany) said...

I don't know why, but I am SO excited for him!! I just love that little guy. He's just growing up too fast.

Kari said...

Brooke, you are such a good Mom!!! I can't believe how old Landon is getting. I LOVED the breakfast conversation a few posts down. Both your boys are just so dang cute! I think they look a lot alike, too.