Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Special Day

Carter was blessed today in our home ward by his Uncle Cody. It was a beautiful blessing and the spirit was so strong. Cody was really nervous, it was his first baby blessing, but he did a great job and Carter slept through the whole thing. After the blessing was over I leaned over and told him that he did a good job and he smiled and said "Thanks, I didn't drop him." Haha. That is definitely a good thing! We are so grateful that someone so close to us was able to bless our sweet baby boy.

Cody and Carter getting ready to head to church.

I was glad that I was able to wake up super early so that I could get myself ready and then bathe Carter. He looked real handsome in his little suit and smelt so good. I was happy that he was able to wear the shoes that Landon wore on his blessing day too. He also was wrapped in a blanket that my Great Grandmother made so that was pretty neat.

Brittany loves her little nephew!

After church, we came home and played Rummikub and then some family came over for brunch. My mom prepared a breakfast casserole, waffles, fruit, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and orange juice and it was delicious. We celebrated Cody's 25th birthday too-it's tomorrow. Afterwards, Chris, Brittany, and Cody played a game that he got as a gift from my parents.
Brit made this adorable banner for Carter for today using the colors and theme from his bedding so I can use it later on as well.

It was a laid back, fun, special day and I will never forget it!

3 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

Oh how special that Cody gave him his blessing! I wish I could have been there for it! he is so cute!

Alisha and Braeden said...

I wish we could have been there. We just barely missed it! What a cute family picture too!

Whitney Gillis said...

wow i can't believe you have two boys now! I have not quite worked out a standard rate for pricing cause it depends on what people want and how many for printing and envelopes, but i seriously want more business!