Friday, August 14, 2009

Sleeping Habits

I've been having a hard time these last few days. Carter falls DEAD asleep nursing or in my arms and as SOON as I lay him down, he's awake again. I really don't want him getting used to falling asleep while eating. I want other people to be able to put him to sleep too like EHEM his daddy. He hasn't been a fan of the pacifier lately at ALL. It's so easy to give in and just let him eat as long as he wants. Sometimes I fall asleep feeding him in bed and that's kind of scary. I would be lying if i said i dont love holding him all day but at midnight, i want to go to sleep too. I can't complain too much because once Carter is out, he's OUT and has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now. Anyway, I can tell he's going to be a really lovable little guy because he loves to be held close. His favorite position is up on your shoulder and he loves to have his back and bum patted. He also really likes his blankets close to his face. He for sure takes after his mama and big brother. If you think it's bad that Landon still has his blanket then pretend like you can't read that I still have mine and yes, I do sleep with it every night! It must be a Wagner thing...Aunt Brittany has her "big blue" too. Uncle Travis has his up until a year or two ago when he left it at a hotel. Anyway, I try to not get too frustrated because I know that pretty soon he's not going to want to cuddle with his mommy all of the time. Here are some fun pictures of him when he IS sleepin.
I took my tired boys for a walk the other night and they both crashed. Chris wasn't too sure about having Carter in the baby bijornbecause his facewas all smashed against me. Babies love that and appartently Carter does too!The other night, Landon wanted a binky and i tried to tell him they were just for babies but he still tried to get one. I asked if he was a baby and he said yes. So here is my big baby in Carter's bed. It was ridiculous. He looked so funny. Now he thinks he can climb in there!

Maybe Carter will find his thumb like his brother did and be able to soothe himself. That would be nice ;]

2 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

Your boys do take after you cause you and brittany always had to have your blankeys! Haha big blue. Carter is getting big from the last time I saw him.

{Rollins Family} said...

him and H have the same sleeping habits, it really is hard. i get so frustrated sometimes.
I got a snuggle me thing fot Hadleigh and it worked wonders because she still thinks she is being held :)
i have one you can use if you want...its blue, it was C's