Friday, August 7, 2009

Giving Back

When I was living in Washington and most of my family was in Utah, I had a lot of free time on my hands. I would get really bored, especially if Landon was on a nap or asleep for the night. To pass the time, I started making baby hats and made over 100. I wanted to donate them to the hospital where I delivered Landon (In WA) but never was able to make the trip. I ended up donating most of them at Christmas time to a clothing drive at my church. Both of my babies received homemade hats after their first baths and I thought that was so neat. Well, today I went in for my 6 week appointment (almost a week late) and was able to donate a few hats to the labour and delivery floor where I had Carter. The ladies at the front desk were really appreciative and cute about it. I drove away and then realized I should of taken them up to the well mom and baby floor where the babies are bathed. Maybe that's why the nurses were so excited...I bet they never get donations there! Either way, it felt really good to give back. I hope the hats keeps those little sweet babies warm just like they did to my new babies.
Here is Landon in his hat:
and Carter :]

1 comment:

Casey said...

I think that is so neat that you were able to do that. I'm sure the hospital really appreciated it. I imagine they deliver a lot of babies down there in Utah!