Monday, May 18, 2009

Arizona Trip ::Goin Home::

::On the road again:: Our goal was to leave around 5:30 am on Sunday morning but it ended up being more like 6:45 by the time we got going. I wanted to take a picture of the three of us in front of a huge cactus but we just didn't have time. They were everywhere and I had never seen one before so I was sad when I realized we hadn't done so. I had my camera out the window trying to focus in on a cactus and Chris suddently pulled over. It wasn't really a good spot to take a picture but I did it not thinking he wouldn't stop again. A few feet later there was a really cool one so I asked him to pull over and he did, obviously. Just check out that huge thing! Our trip took until after 10 at night-it felt like the longest road trip ever. I think it's safe to say that I will never drive that long without AC or while being 8 months pregnant. Landon was probably the best out of all three of us-he hardly ever whinned and just had fun watching his movies, snacking, and sleeping. All in all, I'm glad we got to go and see Chris' family. We agreed that we would take a longer vacation next time. Driving for two days and only staying for 2 1/2 isn't cool. Anyway, we are so proud of Kelli and were glad to been there to see her get her diploma and hang out with the rest of the gang! Can't say I would ever want to live in Arizona but it was fun place to visit.

1 comment:

{Rollins Family} said...

looks like it was a fun trip!! :)
I'm jealous, i want to get away and swim**