Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Fortune

My dad loves chinese food and there is a yummy restraunt in Salt Lake called Mountain City so we decided to take him there on Saturday for his birthday. Of course the food was delish but I could not eat hardly any of it. I got full really fast. The little lady that runs the place was talking to us most of the night commenting on how handesome Landon was and how he looked like me AND Chris. She was really cute. Anyway, after we had paid, she brought out a small plate of orange chicken. We didn't order that so I figured she just wanted me to try it. I took a bite and she anxiously was staring at me asking if it was good. I told her yes, it was very good and she replied "well, eat!" and stood there to make sure I finished the piece. She told me she watched and saw that I didn't eat very much. Haha oh boy. I could not eat another bite so I tried to get Chris to eat it and of course he said something obnoxious, loud enough for the lady to hear. Luckily she didn't catch on and I placed the last of the chicken in our to go box. ANYWAY, soon after that, I ate my fortune cookie and here's what it said

Remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you.
IMMEDIATELY I thought of the baby. We orginally thought our due date was going to be June 27...Three months from the day I got the fortune cookie would make the date June 28th. How crazy would that be if it was true? I asked the lady if the fortunes were true just to see what she said and she smiled and said no. She then told me to stand up so she could guess what the sex of our baby. She said she's always 95% right and felt my stomach. She asked if we were having a girl. Nope, sorry lady. I guess we are the 5% that she gets wrong. SO, it will be interesting to see if our fortune comes true. I sure hope so because I am already getting really uncomfortable. For the past 2 days I have had cramps and I am still very sore. Someone at work told me she contracted long before she had her baby and that's why she thinks she had such short labors. I would LOVE for that to be the case with me. I refuse to be pregnant for 42 weeks again.

1 comment:

Alisha and Braeden said...

That would be pretty cool if it came true! Thats kind of crazy!