Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family Tradition



Growing up, my family had a few traditions that happened around Christmas. One of my favorites is the ornament tradition. Every year when we put up our Christmas tree, my parents would give each of us our own ornament that represented what we did that year. Chris' family did the same thing only it was just a fun ornament, not one that really represented anything. I am so excited to carry this tradition on to our little family. I can't believe Landon already has three ornaments! This year, my mom found an ornament for Chris and I. It says "Christmas is love" and "2008" and I was able to put a small picture from our wedding in it. She also found Landon's this year as well. I looked everywhere for the real Frosty from the orginal cartoon and had no such luck. Instead, my mom found a cute snowman (Frosty-Landon says) holding a basketball since Landon is OBSESSED with both. Landon made me an ornament for me at MOPS too. I think it's a good idea to have an ornament with a picture of the kids each year for Chris and I to keep when the kids move out. That way, our tree won't be so bare once we are old and gray! Tomorrow, Christmas eve, we are going to do another family tradition. I love doing them and hope that Landon will want to carry the traditions out when he is grown.

Landon and I in front of the tree tonight. Can you tell that I'm exhausted?!

1 comment:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

Thats a fun tradition! I need to start thinking of some fun things for Brady to do when he gets older!