Monday, November 10, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!


We're pregnant!!!!!!!

Yep, that's right-Landon is going to be a big brother!

Here's how I found out for those who are interested:

Chris had to work on Halloween night so after we went trick or treating, Landon, my 12 year old cousin, and I decided to head to my sister's place to knock on her door. I had told my sister I was late and asked her if I should take a test. She told me she would wait a while longer. I kept asking where my period was then because I'm NEVER late. I didn't really think I was pregnant but was worried about where it was! Anyway, she had some pregnancy tests so I took one and right away there was TWO RED LINES! I thought maybe it was the test lines and walked out to ask Britt what that meant. She smiled and said, "NO WAY! THAT MEANS YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!" She then had Cody come in and look and he smiled and gave me a hug. I didn't believe it so we dropped my cousin off at home and ran to Wal-Mart to get a digital test. I got to her place, took the test, right away it said "PREGNANT." I couldn't believe it! I thought my sister would be sad (she has been trying for quite a while now) but she has been so supportive. She smiled and told me that I'm her sister and she's excited for me. I love her! Anyway, while we were at Wal-Mart, I picked up some sparking grape juice. My sister made a little tag that said Congrats and we tied it to the juice bottle with ribbon. We wrapped up the test and when I got home, I set it on the computer desk in our room. Chris came in around 5am and was just staring at the bottle. I woke up and he asked me who it was for. I said "You!" he asked why and I said open up this box and you will see. He had NO idea what was going on. He opened the box and a huge smile spread across his face with a "WHAT?!" I hadn't even told him I was late. We are still kind of in shock but couldn't be more excited to add another little baby to our family. We don't know the exact due date but we are thinking I am 6 weeks along and the baby will be due at the beginning of July. I have my first appointment today so I will keep everyone posted. I was going to wait to blog about the pregnancy until after the appointment but pretty much everyone who reads my blog already knows and it's been hard enough to keep this secret for the last almost 2 weeks. I am a little tired and most of the day nauseas but for the most part, I feel pretty good.

Now the question is...BOY OR GIRL?!

3 comments:

Angie Adam said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Brooke that's so exciting!!! I can't believe Landon will be a big brother and you'll have another baby! Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys!

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

I am so excited for you and Chris! Landon is going to love being a big brother! I miss you!

Kari said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am so excited for you! Landon is going to be the CUTEST big brother :) I hope you have a little girl because of mini-you would be just too ADORABLE!!!

Congratulations!!! :)