Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Little Monster

So yesterday was pretty crazy. I worked from 8am until 2:30. This means I had to get up around six and got home around three. Usually when I come home, Landon is already on his nap. However, I came into the bedroom and could hear Landon playing around in the room next to us. My mom had been trying to get him to go to sleep for quite awhile. I tried for a while after that and he just wasn't trying to rest AT ALL. Normally, we can just put Landon in his crib and he'll go to sleep on his own but lately, he cries and cries and cries and we feel bad and get him. That's probably our mistake. Anyway, around five, I prepared Landon's dinner. He ate everything! Since we've moved to Utah, he has been eating maybe one or two bites per meal. He's been doing well lately though. We are thinking it had to do with the change in weather. I know when it's stinkin hot, I don't really feel like eating. After dinner, I gave Landon a nice warm, long bath hoping that it would make him sleepy for our walk. We walked for about 45 minutes and the whole neighborhood has loud loud loud kids and dogs EVERYWHERE. It was crazy and frustrating. By this time, it was about 7:15. I rocked him for a few minutes and then he was out. I thought I would hold him for a while in hopes that he would be in a deep enough sleep to put in his bed without waking. About 45 minutes later, my family returned home from dinner and my brother woke Landon up. Now, Landon probably would of gone back to sleep fine after I set him down in his crib except my idiot brother went in the room and turned on the light. Landon screamed for a while and finally, I went in to rock him. Chris got home from work around ten and Landon still wasn't a sleep. I told him it was his turn and Chris tried to get him to sleep for a while. I volunteered to take him to the store in hopes that on the way back, he would fall asleep in his carseat. Fat chance! We decided to turn off the lights and put him in bed with us. He played and talked and kicked (with us falling asleep) until 2 am. I had finally had it. I was exhausted. I put Landon in his bed. I'm not sure what time he finally fell asleep. I woke him up around 9:30 because I didn't want him to miss another nap and have another night like the one before. What a crazy kid. I can't wait to be downstairs so we can get back on a regular routine. What a monster. Good thing he is so cute and we love him dearly.


The above photo is from a few nights ago. We had popcorn and watched Monsters Inc. He had no trouble going to bed on time that night though. It was a lot of fun. He kept patting the pillow for me to come sit with him. He really is a fun kid...especially went he goes to bed on time and gives mommy and daddy a breaK! What in the world am I going to do when it comes time for number two to come?! And no, we are not pregnant, I'm just talking about in the future.

No comments: