Saturday, September 13, 2008

Little Critters

My mom wanted to get Landon another fishey for his fish tank today so while we were out with Brittany and Cody (Landon was home napping and Chris was helping with the basement) we decided to run into PetSmart. They had the CUTEST puppies and dogs up for adoption. I haven't wanted a dog since I've known Chris but today, you could of talked me into it. Brittany was also in awe of the dogs and was really loving an adult pup named Spot. They asked if she was looking to adopt and she said, "No, I'm just wishing." They then asked if we wanted to take the dog for a walk so Britt held on (he was strong!) and we walked around the store a bit. He was happy to get out of his kennel, sniff around, and mark his territory...twice! Then I thought maybe I was sure I wasn't ready for one!

So no, I didn't get one of those critters but I did purchase one dwarf frog and three tiny shrimps. The frog is pretty small and just chills on the bottom of tank and should eat whatever floats his way (fish flakes and such). The shrimp eat anything on the bottom. The frog is so little and cute! I want to name him Kermet but Brittany and Cody insisted on Domonick. Ew. When I asked Landon what we should name the shrimp that was in sight, he said "Boy!" I don't know if he knew what he was saying but "Boy" it is little man!

Anyway, the shrimp help keep the tank clean and are pretty awesome as well. I'm glad Cody told me about them! They are fun and only 33 cents each. The frog didn't cause a hole in my wallet either. He was $2.99.

We went to the store to get another fish and ended up with four other guys. I forgot all about the fish! Sorry Ma
Here is the frog going for a little ride. This was hilarious! What kind of frogs sit in the absolute funnest place like this? He is the coolest frog ever.

No comments: