Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Little Angel

Exactly 9 years ago today, my 3-month old cousin, Taylor, died of SIDS. The day of his death still is clear in my mind. He was such a sweet, innocent little baby and I couldn't understand why he had to be taken. I took his death really hard. Even though my aunt was going through an extremely rough time dealing with the loss of her precious baby, she called to tell me that she would be using the blanket I had made Taylor to wrap his fragile body in to be buried. To this day, it still means a lot to me. When I found out I was having a boy, I immediately wanted to use Taylor's name as my babies middle name. I wasnt sure how my aunt would react to that so when she told me she would be honored, I was glad. My aunt and uncle and their son all share a special bond with Landon and I feel like maybe that has something to do with it. Even though what happened was tragic, I know in my heart that Taylor will be reunited with his family some day and that he safe in the arms of the angels.


No comments: