Monday, August 4, 2008

Firstborn survey

I thought this survey would be fun to do since Landon's 2nd birthday is coming up!




How old were you when you had your 1st baby? 19


When was your due date? August 22nd, 2006


When was your baby actually born? September 5th, 2006


Was this a planned pregnancy? Not at all but he was a very welcomed surprise!

Did you have any strange pregnancy cravings? I wouldn't call my cravings strange. I ate A LOT of cold things since it was such a hot summer. Otter pops, slurpees, and icecream were my favorite.


Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? None at all.


Did you go into labor on your own? Well, I was induced after going over my due date by a week and nothing happened. We were sent home and told to come back in one week to try again. On the day I was supossed to be induced, baby finally decided to come on his own!


What brand of diapers do/did you buy? Pamper swaddlers at first and then huggies. We found that buying the huge boxes from Costco is the best and cheapest way to go.


Do/did you nurse or bottle feed? I nursed Landon for a few months but it was too hard for me to keep up with him. We started sumplimenting and eventrually went to just formula. Good thing my mother in law was able to get us formula for free because I don't think we would of been able to afford it otherwise. I am going to definately try to only breastfeed with the next baby we have. It's the best way to go!


Will you have more? I would LOVE to have more. Chris wants 2 more and I'm leaning towards 3 more. We'll see how it goes with 2 more babies!


How long were you in labor? I checked into the hospital around 4 am and had Landon at 12:20 pm. I had been in labor at home since about 8pm. It didn't seem too bad though because I was able to rest at the hospital.


Did you get an epidural? I did. I got the epidural when I was dialted to 7 cm. It worked great through all of the contractions but the nurses turned it off when towards the end so I felt the baby come out-all 9 pounds and all!

Did you find out the gender before birth? We did and I am so glad. The anticipation would of killed me!

Did you have a baby shower? Yes, my friend Mandy threw me one at her parents home. I got pretty much everything I needed. It was great.


Who was in the delivery room with you? Chris, my mom, mother in law, our doctor, nurse, and one other staff member. My father and father in law came to see the baby shortly after his birth. I was really sad that most of my family couldn't come see the new baby. Only one of Chris' sisters came to the hospital the day after he was born. That kind of bummed me out too.

Did you have a c-section? No, thank goodness. I was afraid I would need one.


Do/did you keep a baby journal? Not during the pregnancy but Landon has a baby memory book and a scrapbook.


How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy? Surprisingly only about 34 pounds.


Do you have any keepsakes? Of course! Lots of photos, his first hat, and, gross I know, the imbilical cord clamp. The nurse that helped with the birth handed it to me as we were being discharged from the hospital and told me I should put it in his book. I shoved it in my purse and was thinking about throwing it away but for some reason, it's in a baggy in a box in my hopechest. Don't ask.

Did you suffer from “morning sickness” during your pregnancy? Nope. My pregnancy was awesome. I had the ideal pregnacy. I hope all of my other ones are the same.

What were your baby’s stats at birth? 9 lbs even, 19.5 inches long born Wednesday September 5th, 2006 and 12:20 pm


What music did you listen to most during your pregnancy? Country mostly. I didn't do the whole putting the headphones on my belly for the baby to hear. I dont think I could of found headphones to even fit.


What was the best thing about being pregnant? Definitely feeling him move and knowing I was his mother and I was keeping him safe.

What was the best thing about your baby’s birth? Just the fact that he was finally in our arms and healthy. Towards the end of the pregnancy, it felt as if he would never come so it was really speacial when he did.

What has been the best thing about motherhood so far? Watching Landon through every stage of his life so far. Watching him grow and learn is pretty amazing. He is just a fun little guy! I love being his mommy.

No comments: