Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Washington Getaway

A few weeks ago, my mom, Landon, Carter, and I took a road trip to Washington. My dad needed some furniture for his apartment in Everett. We also took some belongings to a friend who just moved from Utah to Washington as well. The first day, we drove to Nampa Idaho and stayed in a hotel there. It was AWESOME to break up the trip and relax a little bit. The kids were SUPER excited to get in the pool. Carter loved his swimming diaper and was mad when I had to put a normal diaper on :) The next day, we drove the rest of the way to Washington. Landon stayed for a couple of days with my parents in Everett. They went out and did all sorts of fun things like go to the museum, beach, zoo, and Landon went on his very first ferry ride! He even go to sit and talk with the captain-what a lucky guy! While he had fun with Grandma and Grandpa, I took Carter to stay with my dear friend Mandy and her family on Whidbey Island. I always have SO much fun with her and she really is like a sister to me. Carter was really digging their IPAD and all their other cool electronics and toys. We mostly stayed around town and did a little shopping. We were kind of sad that the weather was bad because it is gorgeous there and we wanted to play outside. It was fun anyway though and always hard to leave. Her kids are just the cutest things and I miss them when we are apart! After Carter and I spent a few days with her, we got to spend a day and a half with my dad.It was so good to visit with him. The kids really miss their papa back at home. We took a little trip to Seattle and just walked around for a while. It was weird being back but also a really good time. We can't wait to go back again soon!
































2 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

I miss you! come back! I guess It's my turn to see you..I'm working on that!

Alisha and Braeden said...

Holy cow Landon looks so old! Hope I can see you guys soon cause it has been way too long. Looks like you guys had a fun trip!