Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines!

Chris and I both had to work on Valentine's so we didn't have anything planned. Money is tight and I knew this so it didn't bother me. I had the kids make the cutest Valentine's day cards and we set them on Chris' nightstand with his favorite-a bottle of coca cola. He was overjoyed! I raced the boys to my mom's house and then to work. I was late to work, go figure, mostly because I wanted and failed to get a good picture of Carter in his "Future Heart Throb" jammers. It was a long day. I ended up having to cover for someone an extra little while longer. The only good thing about work was my sister and her baby came to visit me. I really enjoyed that. I called my mom and told her I was sorry that I was so late and that I would bring her home a treat-chips and queso from Cafe rio! It was SO worth the 40 minute wait. Plus they gave me a free soda and quesedilla for Landon. I ran to the dollar store (which was next door) and bought Landon and Carter some balloons and candy. I got to my mom's around 7pm and Landon was in the tub. He was so happy to see me and kept thanking me for the gifts. Eariler I text my mom and asked her to ask Landon if he would be my Valentine. She text me back and said he had replyed"I love Brooke!" So me and my Valentine enjoyed our snacks over candlelight. I took the kids to surprise their daddy at work and on the way home, my date had fallen asleep. Carter was very sleepy in his jammies so I didn't want him to walk. I wish I could of gotten a picture of me trying to carry Landon, Carter, diaper bag, purse, and balloons, and left over chips. Needless to say, Landon woke up and we got to watch Toy Story 3 together. A long, boring, dull day turned out to be one of my best Valentines because I got to see my sweet kids and visit with my husband for a few moments. I really don't need chocolates of jewelery or a fantastic date to be have a happy Valentines and my boys reminded me of that.

Did I mention my mom had to boys make the cutest banners EVER? I loved them! I couldn't stop laughing at the pictures of the boys with blocks in front of them that said "Be my Valentine." They seriously are the SWEETEST!!! You betcha the banners are hangning up in our home!

No comments: