Friday, January 14, 2011

Walking

Carter is nearly 19 months old and is still not fully walking. He can take a few steps but then falls to his knees to crawl. He does great holding on to a finger, furniture, or if he has something to push but otherwise, not so much. We can't figure out if he is just being lazy or if he is having balance issues. Some days he will do well doing lots of steps and some days he won't even take ONE step.
His feet are pretty small for his age so think maybe that has something to do with that. When we go in for his 18 month old check up in a few weeks, hopefully we can get this figured out. I never thought I would have such a late walker! At least we know that he CAN do it. These pictures were takin a few days after Christmas.
I was trying to get a good photo of Carter's new outfit from his cousins in Montana. At first
Carter would NOT hold still and I figured there would be a ton of pictures on my camera to delete but I think they are fun. They show how he is doing as of now. After a few minutes, I did get a picture of Carter STANDING on his own, being still, holding onto my hairclip :)

Everyday, we can't get over how cute this kid is. Can you?