Monday, February 1, 2010

Sicky

This last week has been a hard one for us at our home. The kids have been battling a nasty cough (Carter more so) that we think we caught from our trip to the pool. Then, a few nights ago, Carter woke up at 1:30am and he hardly EVER wakes up in the middle of the night. I can't even remember the last time he did before this. Anyway, he screamed pretty much until 8:30 that morning. I thought maybe his congestion was bothering him and caused him to wake up. He continued to fuss and would wake up from a deep sleep and cry so I decided to take him to the doctor. I couldn't get an appointment until 3:10 and I didn't know how I was going to make it until then but luckily Carter slept a bit. Brittany and Cody offered to watch Landon which made it alot easier for me. Thanks you guys! I didn't have to wait long at the doctors office so I was grateful. As I was driving to the doctors I kept wondering if he maybe was just teething but I'm glad I listened to my mothers intution. Turns out poor little guy had a temperature that was 101. something and an ear infection in his right ear. I KNEW something was wrong because he just seemed like he was in such pain. . He was given an antibotic and is doing a lot better now. He is not fully himself yet but has improved so much from the day I took him in. He was such a zombie and just staring-it broke my heart! The doctor recommened a humitifier for the cough so we got one that night. So now Carter is improving and Landon's nose is running NON STOP. It's seriously like a faucet. I was so tired from getting up with Carter that I laid in bed and Landon was watching his movie from the library-Mulan. He loves that movie so much. Anyway, he kept bringing me the smallest peices of toilet paper to wipe his nose. He was cracking me up. Another reason I was so tired was because I got what I thought was an allergic reaction to a spider bite (yesterday) and took Benadryl to try and get rid of them. It made me drowsy so I took a nap when Chris got home from work. I went to sleep around 2am and it seemed like the baby woke up every hour after that. Chris has been working an early shift so of course it's just me gettingup. Well today, I start to feel REALLY itchy again. I took a look at my leg and knew something was wrong. Either our apartment was infested with 1048575 kinds of bugs or something was seriously wrong. I ripped all of our sheets and blankets off the bed and was planning on doing all of our laundry when the itching continued to get worse. I felt itchy from head to toe. I ended up going to an Instant Care place and I was told I had hives and was given two types of medication. I left feeling kind of annoyed because they could not tell me what it was from. I have not eaten anything different or changed my laundry detergent-nothing. It just came out of the blue. The below photo is not my arm but it is what the back of my legs and bottom looked like. The rest of my legs were a blotchy red.

Gross huh?

6 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

that is horrible! thats scary that you don't know what did that to you! I hope you feel better soon!

Alisha and Braeden said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you guys all start feeling better! That would not be fun to itch all over! Did they ever say what was wrong? I hope chris doesn't come down with anything! Take care :)

Casey said...

Hives are a tricky thing. They can come from something that you've used before. I had a face soap that I used for a long time and then one day I developed a sensitivity to it and broke out in awful hives all over my face. Not fun! I hope you are feeling better soon and that your little boys recover quickly. Seems like everyone I know is sick... must be a nasty season for colds this year!

Kari said...

One time (in 5th grade), somebody said they weren't having fun at my perfectly planned birthday party. So, I broke out into hives. My little 11-year-old self couldn't handle the stress and anxiety of party planning, SO I BROKE OUT INTO HIVES?? What kind of psycho little kid does that?! I had to take a hold bath for hours will the rests of my guests worked on the craft I had picked out from an American Girl magazine. Perhaps I should right a blog about this.....

Anyway, hives suck. I'm sorry! :(

{Rollins Family} said...

oh my...you poor thing!!

make sureits not bed bugs, thats what my friend looked like when they had them.

AND our renters just ahd them (realy great huh?!) theire weren't as bad but they still had red spots like taht. They had to get theor side sprayed..>TWICE!

Feel better, call me if you need anything!

The Tanners said...

Oh my gosh girl you look so miserable those look painful, I am so so so sorry! I miss you, we too have been fighting one virus after another this year. Can't wait for summer and for us to have freash air and hey maybe we can even hang out ah! Mis syou!
Jamie