Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WARNING

This picture is a example of why you should NEVER EVER exit going out the entrance of our complex. It was late and I, being the awesome wife that I am, was going to my parent's house to wash Chris' work clothes. That's right, we don't have a washer and a dryer. It's a lot of fun! Anyway, it was late, dark, and I was in a hurry so I drove out the entrance. When you pull into our complex, there is an island. Why there is one I DO NOT KNOW. It was covered in snow and the cement sticks out just right on both sides. I hit it pretty hard but didn't think to get out of the car right away because the truck runs funny anyway. I drove for a few minutes and realized something just wasn't right. I pulled into the school by our house and that's where I discovered the HUGE hole in the tire. I drove it back home and went upstairs to tell Chris what had happened. As soon as I told him, he shot out of bed and said, "So that's what the loud crash was? I knew it was you!" Can't forget that Chris had to work early the next morning and that poor two seat er truck is our only means for transportation. My lovely mom came to get sobbing me, I did load of laundry, slept in my brother's bed, woke up way too early, went and woke up the kids, got them in the car, dropped Chris off at work, and then headed back to my mom's to give her a car. We can almost laugh about this now but it's still a touchy subject. We ended up buying four new tires and got a warranty on each ;) I wasn't going to post this mostly because I was too embarasssed and I took the picture to show my sister. I changed my mind when my visiting teachers came over and we got to talking and I told them what had happened. Their eyes popped out and one said "Ohh...thanks for telling us. We would never of guessed to do that." Anyway, consider yourself WARNED if you come over!

1 comment:

Alisha and Braeden said...

oh man that sucks! I didn't even notice it had those when we came over. Maybe it was covered in snow.