Monday, December 21, 2009

Carter's Stocking

Finished just in time for Christmas! Chris' grandmother (Carter's great) made his first Christmas stocking and all of the other stockings for their side of the family but has now stopped making them. Chris, Landon, and I all have one made by her so I wanted Carter's to match. Chris and I googled Christmas coloring pages online and found a gingerbread we thought was cute. I traced it and my sister helped me come up with the peppermint candy design. I knew it wasn't going to turn out as good as hers but I figured I should give it a shot. The beading was intimidating but fun once I got started. The hardest part for me was sewing it together. Let's not talk about the top of the stocking. [Maybe one day I will pick it and try again] I just hope it will hold up for Carter's Christmas' with us intil he's grown. At least it's done so Santa can leave lots of fun treats inside!

Doesn't look that bad from far away, huh? ;)

No comments: