Friday, October 30, 2009

Trunk Or Treat

Our neighborhood held a "Trunk or Treat" night tonight in the church parking lot. Basically it's like trick or treating but instead of walking from door to door, you walk from trunk to trunk and get treats. I grew up going every year in our family ward and was really glad that our neighborhood decided to do it this year. It was a lot of fun to dress up the kids and head over to collect treats! Landon was Spider Man, Carter was a bumble bee and I was a pumpkin! I actually wore the same 'costume' 23 years ago [in utero.] Amazing, huh? Anyway, after we had trunk or treated, there was a pumpkin carving contest [someone said I should of entered myself-haha!], best costume contest, hot chocolate, and hot dogs. Carter zonked out before we even started so I ran home to get his car seat and stroller and he stayed warm in there the whole time. What a great thing to do on Halloween eve.
Sleepy bumble.
Landon thought it was so cool to see so many people dressed up. Anytime a super hero would walk by, he would "shoot his spider webs" out at them. I think it's so funny that he thinks everyone wants to play with him!
Landon was one lucky boy with all of the treats he got. He even got a cookie which he consumed almost right away.

Chris found a fun treat too-a new girlfriend.


p.s. Don't worry that I stole some kids candy! While we were eating our hotdogs, I saw a pumpkin on the ground and assumed it was Landons so I put it in our stroller. We got home and I went to help Landon pick out a treat and noticed he got a donut. I took a bite right away and then in walks my aunt with his REAL treat bucket. I ran back to the church to return it. Oops!

No comments: