Thursday, October 29, 2009

Early Birthday Present

My husband has never really been the "gift shopper" of the family. I am the one who usually picks up birthday, wedding, and Christmas gifts. Chris [most of the time] has me go with him to pick out my gifts because he says he has no idea what to get or where to look. Well, this year, he REALLY surprised me! While we were in Gardner Village in the Christmas Shop, I pointed out a Willow Tree figurine that I wanted to add to our collection. While I took Landon to the restroom, Chris disappeared somewhere but I didn't think anything of it. We have been fighting lately and finally yesterday talked it out and then Chris told me he wanted to give me my birthday present early. He dug through the closet and bought our a paper brown sack with the figurine "Quietly" that he had boughten a few weeks eariler without me knowing. It was really sweet. I bought Chris "New Dad" [while we were expecting Carter]for Easter and I already had the "Angel" from my sister [while I was pregnant with Landon.] So I am glad that we now have one with both kiddos. We also have "Promise" that we given to us for out wedding-from Brittany! I love our little collection is growing and that each Willow Tree that we own has memories and means something to us. What a thoughtful, early, birthday gift!

No comments: