Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update

I thought I should probably do an update on our family since I haven't been good about blogging lately.

Landon
Landon is such a funny kid. He is learning words daily and has really expanded his vocabulary since we've moved to Utah. HIs favorite word is "no" and although I think he knows what it means, he says it to pretty much to any question asked. We are working on getting him used to a "big boy bed" so that when we move downstairs, we dont have to worry about setting up his crib (it's stored at the Cook's). Right now, he is in an older crib that my parents have and flipped out of it for the first time the other night. He has been taking naps on the twin in his room and seems to like it. I've enjoyed taking naps on it with him as well :) He LOVES his grandparents and is having way too much fun with them. He has been pretty picky about eating but in his defense, he is two years old.

Me
I started working August 26th at Bountiful high school in the functional skills classroom. It has been challenging but very rewarding as well. I feel good knowing I am helping a student with their work that they wouldn't otherwise know how to do. There is never a dull moment in the classroom so I can honestly say I'm never really bored or anxious to get the day overwith. They keep me on my toes! I work three days one week and two the next which still gives me plenty of time to spend with my boys. I have also started scrapbooking up again with some encouragement from Alishka and I am setting a goal to have all of Landon's pictures done by the time we have another baby. I have a TON of pictures so it will keep me busy. Too bad scrapbooking can be so expensive though. It's worth it, I guess! I am enjoying being surrounded by family although it would be nice to get our own place.

Chris
Chris still has yet to find a job so he has been helping in the basement with most of his free time. He has applied to a few places but nothing seems too promising. He has an interveiw at another grocery store on October 7th so we will see what happens. If anyone knows about any job opening or has any suggestions, we would love to hear about them. He has found a new favorite show, Man Vs Wild, and watches it every chance he gets. Although he misses his family and friends in Washington, I think he is liking it here. He has made a huge sacrifice for me and I love him!

So not too much is going on, as you can see. Just everday life! We all have a little bit of a cold but are doing okay.

2 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

I miss you! You should answer when I call you punk!

Cody and Brittany (probably Brittany) said...

I'm mad at you. Post the circus tickets. It's not like you're too busy!