Friday, July 25, 2008

My little Guardian Angels

I am the most forgettful person ever! It seems like I am always misplacing or losing things. Usually these things are pretty important. Chris is always making fun of me for it.

In 2006, Mandy and I took a road trip from Washington to Utah. On the way home, I put my wallet on the top of Mandy's car and drove off. I didn't realize I had lost it until I offered to pay for the next gas fill up. The scary thing was, for some odd reason, the gas station wouldn't take her card and we had to drive for several miles on empty to try her card at another gas station. I kept praying that we would somehow make it and that my wallet would be found. In carrying Landon in his carseat to the car and having my wallet in my hand, I forgot all about it on the top of the car. I managed to grab my drink though, go figure. Anyway, a year later, I got a letter in the mail from the police department saying they had been trying to locate my whereabouts since. Someone had turned it in and everything was inside. My cash was even still there along with all of my pictures of my sweet baby Landon and neices and nephews. I couldn't believe it!

On the way to Utah from Spokane this last month, I lost my social security card, marriage license, birth certificate, and pin number to my debit card in an envelope. I didn't notice that it was gone until we were about to hit the road home. We went to two hotels we had been to and no one had turn anything in or found anything in the hotel rooms. I was pretty upset and angry at myself. I thought my identity was going to be destroyed and was really worried about it. I went and got a new birth certificate but everything else would of been hard to replace. However, eariler this afternoon, I got a call from Bishop Johnson in Post Falls Idaho saying he had my personal items. On our marriage certificate, the Bishop that married us put his name and "Bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." He didn't need to put that but I am so glad that he did. The waitress at a restraunt we ate at found it in the parking lot and had her LDS friend take it to her bishop. That bishop called the bishop that married us and gave him my cell phone number. I honestly don't think I ever would of gotten those things back if it wasn't for that little phrase. I am so grateful that I can't even describe how happy that made me! I know this sounds silly but I think my prayers had a lot to do with this. The power of prayer is so amazing. I feel like there are guardian angels looking out for me. Who gets their personal, special, unreplaceable items back like that when they were lost hunderds of miles away? I want to send that girl and bishop something special to let them know how grateful I am to them. The bishop told me the girl had been trying to find me on the internet for the past couple of weeks. There really are good, decent, kind people out there in the world. It may not sound like a lot but to me, those things were really important. I am such a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Alisha and Braeden said...

You are a lucky girl! I am so glad you found it! There are really nice people and thank goodness some crazy guy didn't pick it up! That is a very neat story. Good thing bishop bellesa put that.

Alisha and Braeden said...

PS you did lose everything and I always had to come looking for it!